Skip to main content

Tubular Spectrum

I warped my loom for the first time in about a year and a half. I started on Memorial Day Weekend, winding the warp chains.

I used a kit from Lunatic Fringe Yarns, the Tubular Spectrum Comes to Dinner kit.

Tubular Spectrum - kit

The warp chains were pretty, but they didn't give a great sense of the gradient.

Tubular Spectrum - Warp chains

I used lashing cords to tie onto the back beam.

Tubular Spectrum - Tied to Back Beam

After winding the warp onto the back beam, the gradient really tells its tale.

Tubular Spectrum - Warp beamed

I have woven the first four colors of the weft, in plain weave. The colors are the purple/blue colors that are in the warp, starting from the left of the picture.

Tubular Spectrum - First four weft

The kit is supposed to make 8-10 napkins, one transition through the colors in the weft of each napkin. The first one will be in plain weave. After the first one, I'll put in an inch of white for hems, and then start in on a twill weave pattern.

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments

Anonymous said…
Stunningly gorgeously awesomely fantastic!!!

Martha from Ohio