Skip to main content

Spinning Bond

... and I don't mean 007. Southern Cross Fibre's March fiber club featured Bond wool. I've never spun it before, and it was an interesting wool. I tried to spin it "worsted," working from the tip of the roving after a bit of pre-drafting. I found it a bit difficult to get the fibers to draft out, almost like it was a woolen prep. So, I tried spinning woolen using a long draw from the fold, and that worked a lot better.

The March club colors were "Terrestrial" (a blue and brown combination) and "Delicate," a fun mix of purples, greens, and brown, shown below.

SCF - Bond - Delicate

I purchased two extra 4 ounce bumps of fiber, and I've just finished the single bobbins. I'm going to Navajo ply to keep the colors distinct. I should end up with a worsted weight yarn.

SCF - Bond - Delicate - Bobbins

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments